2010年6月1日 星期二

Merhaba Turkey !

After a unbelievably long journey (>24 hours, so sad), I have finally arrived at the Ankara, the capital of the Republic of Turkey. From Dubai to Istanbul, from Istanbul to Ankara, much of my extra effort and time has been spent on waiting and searching the corresponding transport. Theoretically speaking, Lonely planet and the information I collected previously could help. But their guidance is much less useful in practice, seeing the very fact that accidents (delay, traffic jam for e.g.) are somehow not uncommon.


Despite of this exhausting long travelling time, Turkey make an extraordinarily favorable impression upon me, which is initially unexpected. Having met Turkish citizens, students, and even businessmen, I personally find Turkish people are kind and helpful. Even though usually there is language barrier between us, I could feel their enthusiasm to help. I will upload some of their photos ASAP!

Indeed, I am particularly impressed by the staff and students in Bilkent university in which I am living. Their eagerness and kindness are reflected by their every most favorable treatment of me in arranging my dormitory, internet service, etc., and by their whole-heartedly attempts to answer my questions comprehensively (though sometimes the answer may not be so accurate). Perhaps I could say comparing with some other ilopers, my arrangement of accommodation is therefore distinctively (and unfairly) good.


Exhausted my body might originally be, the warmest welcome given by the Turk has cheered me up! I will do my best to fulfill my coming duties from my internship starting tomorrow :D !

Perhaps next time I will talk about ethnic diversity in Turkey and how their attitudes toward me as a Chinese.

1 則留言: